Thursday, November 08, 2007

Super Mario Galaxy - Game of the Year!



Congratulations Nintendo, you have created the finest platform game since your last masterpiece "Super Mario 64." I feel the same way I did on that glorious Christmas morning when I was one of those lucky kids to receive a brand new Nintendo 64 and what would become the game that I would still be playing 7 to 8 years later. The sheer amount of fun in that came has been taken up a few notches by the Nintendo programmers and boy are they going to be raking in the dough come Christmas time. If Halo 3 boosted XBOX sales to over 500,000 units in September just imagine what Super Mario Galaxy will do for the already out of this world popularity of the Wii. I've played the first 15 or 20 minutes of Galaxy and it is beyond anything I could have imagined the Wii producing. This game deserves all the accolades it inevitably will receive and I personally can't wait to still have this game in my Wii for the next 7 to 8 years.

Keep it up Nintendo this is the perfect appetizer for SMASH BROS!

No comments: